Friday, July 6, 2012

The King Stands Alone

Day 65 - Chess

Chess could well be the board game of board games. One of the most popular games around the world, the game is iconic. I love Chess. I may not be the greatest at it, but hands down Chess is one of the greatest games ever created and I really enjoy it (maybe not as much as the Hungarians, who like to play it while in the swimming pool, but I like it a lot). The game simulates medieval warfare, or at least the game is filled with terminology from the time; Castle/Rook, Knight/Horse, Bishop, Queen, King, and Pawn. I like the movement of the different pieces and how this contributes to strategy (see also Hive). The game is simple and yet to play the game well, one must think ahead and plan ahead. The player must think defense and offense. I really don't know what else to say about a game that is already so well known. If you are unfamiliar with the game, I encourage you to learn. The game is one of the most well balanced strategic games of all time and that is How Lou Sees It.

No comments:

Post a Comment